The City Treasurer:
- Prepares the daily deposits of funds to the General Fund, Municipal Fee Fund, Sanitation Fund, and other funds.
- Handles all new employee paperwork, works with the Fire and Police Pension Fund Accounts, City Retirement Savings Plan calculations and handles new enrollees; prepares Credit Union transactions, Federal and State Tax Deposits, preparation and verification of employee’s W-2 forms, processes NSF checks, and performs clerical tasks in keeping with financial accounts and records.
- Makes changes of employment status entries to facilitate changes in the processing of bi-weekly payroll including the verification of hours worked and rates of pay; assures all deductions are properly computed.
- Handles a wide variety of personnel forms and documents; and record in accordance with established systems; helps interpret and explain benefits and transactions to employees; investigates employee complaints regarding health insurance claims and interacts with health insurance carrier to expedite claims, and assists in the conduct of employee orientation, developing packet of proper forms, and assists in completing forms.
- Coordinates the activities of all City debt issuances; serves as a liaison to the Finance Director and City Manager; prepares the official statement which includes obtaining, calculating, and verifying all information; reviews the debt services payments for accuracy.
Lacey Williams was raised in Moundsville, and is a Class of 2000 graduate from John Marshall High School.
She started her career as a cashier at K & W Hardware in 2001 and was eventually promoted to Assistant Manager. In February of 2005, she made the move to Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union’s Moundsville Branch where she has spent the past fifteen years in their Consumer Lending Department.
She was hired by the City of Moundsville as the Administrative Secretary, starting April 13, 2020.
Lacey currently resides in Benwood with her husband Gary and their daughter Paige.